Pain, muscle and aggression!

With only 1 week till we announce the final 5 scientists In the Zone, the pressure is on! We’ll be counting students votes on Friday 6th July at 1.45pm and ONLY the most recent vote counts! So students, make sure your favourite scientists goes through to final and Vote now!

Live chats: Pain, muscle and aggression!

"If you did a head stand in space would the blood go to your head?" See student question. Image by Bundesarchiv, Bild 102-09019 / CC-BY-SA

In 15 manic live chats students have been putting scientists through their paces this week. Probing scientists on: “how does warming up before sports help you to not pull a muscle?“,

how does numbness stop the pain?

And “do hormones have a direct connection with aggression?

In a live chat with St Katherine’s School Jemma gave student amms94 some encouragement:

amms94 : every time i do an expermiment it never works
jemmaransom1 : @amms94, I know that feeling. I’ve just finished the lab work for my PhD, and it took me a year just to get the experiment working. The important thing is to keep at it!
amms94 : okay i will do

Drugs in Sport questions!

This week students have been keen to find out what drugs athletes can use in sport,

what are the side effects from drugs apart from the sporting aspect,

and question of the week goes to student mshaw for asking: “if you did a head stand in space would your blood still go to your head?

Next week’s scientists In the Zone are:

Thank you!

A big thank you to Jemma, John, Katie and Lisa, who’ve now finished their weeks In the Zone! Teachers and students have got a lot out of all the hard work you’ve put in.

Mr Hilton from Loughborough Grammar School said: “A big thank you to all the scientists, and thank you for answerin so many of their enthusiastic questions with so many interesting answers”

Posted on June 29, 2012 by in News. Leave a comment